Autumn/Fall & Harvest Time
The Four Seasons
Fall’s Here! Series
Forest In The Fall
All About Apples
All Things Pumpkin
Pumpkins & Jack-o-Lanterns
Autumn & Halloween Activities
Mayor’s Fall Hike and Outdoor Day
Corn & Scarecrows
The First (Shared) Thanksgiving
Food and The Kitchen
Kitchen Lab – Sink or Float Experiment
Health & Nutrition
- I Know It’s Autumn by Eileen Spinelli
- It’s Fall! by Linda Glaser
- Autumnblings: Poems and Paintings by Douglas Florian
- Autumn: An Alphabet Acrostic by Steven Schnur
- Fall’s Here! Series by Martha E. H. Rustad
- Hello Harvest Moon by Ralph Fletcher
- By The Light of the Harvest Moon by Harriet Ziefert
- Harvest Home by Jane Yolen
- The Vegetables We Eat by Gail Gibbons
- When Autumn Falls by Kelli Nidey
- Arthur Jumps Into Fall by Marc Brown
- Crafts To Make In The Fall by Kathy Ross
- The Pumpkin Patch Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs
- P is for Pumpkin: God’s Harvest Alphabet by Kathy-jo Wargin
Another Way To Say It: Autumn = Fall
- About Fall ~ using this form, have the student write a few things about Fall and then draw a corresponding picture. This form is another option.
- Fall Leaf Art ~ easy activity with instructions.
- Word Association ~ have student come up with words associated with Fall/Autumn and Harvest, such as: leaf, acorn, corn, apple, pumpkin, cornucopia, scarecrow, rake, haystack, hay ride, windy, chilly, etc. Ask them to make an alphabetical list using the words mentioned then draw an Autumn scene using items on the list they created.
- Acrostic Poem ~ using this form, have student fill in the blanks to make an acrostic poem with the word AUTUMN.
- Capturing Fall Colors & Scenes ~ go on a walk and take photos of the scenic colors of autumn in nature.
- Make a Jar of Fall Harvest Soup Mix.
- Wacky Web Tales (fill in the blanks) ~ Why I Love Fall!
Quiz: Fall Nature (answer key)
An Autumn Greeting
Coloring Page: Word FALL with leaves
Autumn/Fall = el Otoño
Harvest = la cosecha