The Four Seasons
Summer Safety Tips
Summer Vacation Theme
Summer Nights: Sights & Sounds
Summer Night Scene Craft
- Summer Wonders by Rob Raczka
- F is for Fireflies: God’s Summertime Alphabet by Kathy-jo Wargin
- It’s Summer! by Linda Glaser
- Summer by David Webster
- Crafts To Make In The Summer by Kathy Ross
- Summer Fun!: 60 Activities For A Kid-Perfect Summer by Susan Williamson
Lesson Points To Cover:
- The days get longer and the nights get shorter
- It is the warmest season of the four
- It comes between Spring and Fall/Autumn
- The first day of Summer this year is…
What are some things we do in the Summer?
- Go to the pool, lake or beach
- Go on a trip or vacation
- Go camping or have picnics
- Sleep in/stay up late
- Have a sleepover with friends
- Summer Reading
- Summer Camp or School
- Play outdoors, etc.
- Eat watermelon and have cookouts
- Visit an aquarium
- Go to an amusement park
What holidays occurs during the Summer? 4th of July and Labor Day. Although not officially occurring in the Summer, Memorial Day is regarded as the beginning of the Summer Season.
Bed In Summer and Summer Sun by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Create a Summer themed calendar.
- Cut out pictures of clothing items from different seasons (such as bathing suit, winter coat, sandals, raincoat, flannel pajamas, sunglasses, etc) and have the child identify which items belong in the Summer. This reinforces association and classification, as well as life readiness skills.
- Make homemade lemonade.
- Wacky Web Tales (fill in the blanks) ~ Plans for a Great Summer; Summer Fun
Collection of Summer crafts