The Four Seasons
by Grace Lin
Bilingual Series: The Seasons
Coloring The Seasons
Autumn/Fall & Harvest Time
Nature’s Holiday Cheer
Our Seasons by Grace Lin offers an overview of the four seasons by following a group of four friends who explore the differences in seasons over the course of a year. In addition to the description of each season, there are also questions and answers to understand scientific reasons for related things. For instance, in the Winter you will also learn what snow is and why our cheeks turn red in the cold; in the Spring you learn why bees like flowers and what causes thunderstorms; in the Summer you learn about humidity and why we tan, and in the Autumn you learn why leaves change colors and about wind.
The book is not only informational, it is also well illustrated and offers a multi-cultural approach to the story by including children from diverse races and nationalities.
- Birds, Butterflies, Bees
- Flowers/Pollen/Why do we sneeze?
- How Things Grow: Life Cycles
- Seeds and Gardening
- The Sun, Heat, Humidity
- Why do fireflies glow?
- Why do we tan?
- Beach/Ocean, Sea life/Ocean creatures
- Summer Vacation
- Back To School
- Why do leaves change colors? Fall from the trees?
- Fall Back/Standard Time
- What is snow? Why is there frost on the windows? What do snowflakes look like?
- Why do my cheeks turn red in the cold? Why do I see my breath in the cold?
- Weather appropriate clothing
- How to stay active indoors
Crafts By Season:
Seasons related series by Ellen Jackson:
- The Spring Equinox: Celebrating The Greening of The Earth
- Summer Solstice
- The Autumn Equinox: Celebrating The Harvest
- The Winter Solstice
Seasons related series by Lynn Plourde:
- Spring’s Sprung
- Summer’s Vacation
- Wild Child (Autumn)
- Winter Waits
God’s Alphabet series by Kathy-jo Wargin:
- K is for Kite: God’s Springtime Alphabet
- F is for Fireflies: God’s Summertime Alphabet
- P is for Pumpkin: God’s Harvest Alphabet
- S is for Snowman: God’s Wintertime Alphabet
Seasons based series from Bob Raczka:
- Spring Things
- Summer Wonders
- Who Loves The Fall?
- Snowy, Blowy Winter
Seasons based parable series from Liz Curtis Higgs:
- The Parable of the Lily (Spring)
- The Sunflower Parable (Summer)
- The Pumpkin Patch Parable (Autumn)
- The Pine Tree Parable (Winter)
Other Seasons Related Books:
- Once Around The Sun: Poems by Bobbi Katz
- Nature’s Paintbox: A Seasonal Gallery of Art and Verse by Patricia Thomas
- Listen, Listen by Phillis Gershator